Saturday, July 19, 2008

My paper & pencil holder




I found this at Hobby Lobby and immediately thought of pens and paper. I know everyone with kids has the same problem (well, you might have the same problem). Finding something to write with and paper in the same spot is unheard of in my house. There's either 1) paper and then nothing to write with or 2) pens and nothing to write on. In my house, these items have legs and walk away from the kitchen area (phone area). I've had a pen/pencil holder for years, but then always had to hunt down the darn paper. So I saw this (and it spins too!) and HAD to have it.

I used the Scrapbook Obsessions May kit to create this and the best part is, I just finished painting my kitchen (it's green and rusty color) and these colors from the kit were PERFECT!

Now I have everything in one spot (scissors and flashlight included!) and nothing has grown legs yet :)

4 comments:

Patti Smith said...

Excellent idea. I have basket posted at different places with pens and papers and mine suddenly grow legs as well. This is much more organized...TFS...have a good week and I'll talk to you next Sunday!!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is totally brilliant Leslie!! What a wonderfuly altered piece!!

jan williams said...

This is a GREAT idea girl!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Oh and you did a beautiful job!!!

Lynnise said...

HEy, HOW DID I MISS THIS!! It's awesome I seriously love it.. I'm so glad you started this blog, it's fun having a new bloggin buddy or 2 :)